KOP and Montgomery County are officially in the green phase! As exciting as this is after being cooped up for over three months, this phase is not a complete return to daily life before the pandemic. While several restrictions are now lifted or loosened, it is important to understand the new protocols in place to keep us all healthy and safe. First and foremost, wearing masks and social distancing where possible is still of the utmost importance.
Here are a few things to expect while KOP and Montgomery County are in the green phase:
- Businesses may resume operations (at a reduced capacity) while continuing to follow CDC and Pennsylvania Department of Health guidelines. Telework is encouraged where possible.
- Restaurants and bars can offer indoor dining at 50% capacity, while maintaining social distancing.
- Entertainment venues like shopping malls and casinos can operate at 50% capacity.
- Personal care businesses, like salons and barbershops, may open by appointment only and at 50% capacity.
- Gyms may open at 50% capacity and appointments are strongly encouraged.
- Gatherings must be limited to under 250 people, including concerts, conferences, movie showings or theater performances.
- Prison and hospital visits can start again, but it will be up to individual facilities to decide whether to allow them. Nursing home visitation will not be permitted, due to the dangers to this venerable population.
As we navigate this new phase of reopening together, let’s make sure to support each other and local businesses while easing into the transition with health and safety in mind.